Built by women for everyone, The Riveter is on a mission to change the future of work for women. To do so, we are looking for experts to join The Riveter’s world-class programming portfolio aimed to advance workplace diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI) and support a dynamic community looking to direct their power towards social and political change.
Our 2019 programmatic focus areas include, but are not limited to the following:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
Programs that build knowledge, skills and networks by way of the following:
- Cultivate a sense of community for diverse, underrepresented and/or marginalized groups
- Build strategic alliances through mentorship, sponsorship and allyship
- Provide actionable tools to close the gender pay equity gap
- Operationalize leadership and management of DEI work in the workplace
Advocacy & Civic Engagement: Building Women’s Social, Economic, and Political Power
- Education and opportunities for action on key issues related to the advancement of women from an intersectional perspective, such as education equity, gender and reproductive justice, racial justice, voting rights, and more.
- Tactical “how to” programs on activism, allyship, organizing, lobbying, civic engagement and leadership.
The Riveter’s Equity + Advocacy Team
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who can facilitate a program?
No matter what the title, we’re looking for change leaders and content creators. Each year, we spotlight more than 100 programs, that are facilitated by philanthropists, community activists, entrepreneurs, DEI practitioners, authors, artists, and cultural influencers. Anyone can facilitate a program, as long as your content is meaningful, aligns with our mission and values.
Where will programs take place?
We are looking for program facilitators and hosts in the following cities:
- Seattle, WA – Capitol Hill
- Seattle, WA – Fremont
- Bellevue, WA – Bellevue
- Los Angeles, CA – Marina Del Rey
- Dallas, Texas
- Austin, Texas
- Edina, MN
- Portland, OR
- Denver, CO
- Website and/or The Riveter app
Does The Riveter provide travel reimbursement?
We are unable to provide travel reimbursement. Please only apply to host a program in at a location you are able to travel to.
Will I be compensated for my program?
The Riveter has a suite of resources to support programming facilitators to amplify their work within and beyond The Riveter community. Monetary compensation for programming is available and varies by event type, time of day, and other programming logistics. Total compensation package will be reviewed and negotiated after the proposal has been approved by our team.
Who will market the event?
Our event staff and marketing team will post and promote your event details. We ask that you provide our team with all the necessary information to market your program with at least 3 weeks of lead time.
Who will be the audience?
Unless booked for a private engagement, these events will be open to The Riveter’s co-working and community members as well as the general public.
How do I know if my proposal has been approved?
Our team will reach out to you via email with a confirmation.
What is the timeline for review?
The committee will accept proposals on a rolling basis and will review new proposals on the 15th of each month.