Supporting Working Moms through COVID
Mitch Shepard has heard the inside scoop from many working moms — almost daily — both before COVID and since. There are a few themes she is hearing that are alarming…
- They feel as though they are working all the time.
- There is little separation between work and home.
- Many are taking on more of the household management and childcare responsibilities than their spouse/partner (in two-working-parent households), and their level of resentment and exhaustion is rising.
- Many are experiencing guilt that is off the charts. Their kids are eager for attention — and always present — but they cannot give them the time and attention they would like.
- I’ve heard women say, “My kids are essentially feral”, given the lack of support, structure, summer camps, etc.
- Many women have managers who “just don’t get it.”
- Many are experiencing unprecedented levels of burnout and are not sure how much longer they can “hang on.”
Any of this sound familiar?
If so, please join this upcoming session to learn ways you, as a working mom can set realistic expectations with your manager, partner & even yourself.
Mitch Shepard is the CEO at HUMiN Inclusion Partners–a company dedicated to unleashing the full potential of diverse talent. She is also the founder of WiRL Leadership Series–a professional development program to elevate and advance female leaders. For the past 20 years, Mitch has worked across industries and companies, as a trusted adviser and coach to some of the world’s top leaders. Mitch helps people achieve extraordinary business results while also maintaining a healthy sense of balance in their personal lives. Mitch knows first hand what it takes to juggle competing demands–as a CEO, a mother, a wife, a dedicated global citizen and a world traveler–Mitch knows what it takes to get business results while simultaneously making personal dreams come true.